In our last post, we left you with this image below of a poor and temporary repair of a lovely hand woven kilim.
To correct this repair, we cut out the patch and extracted the yarns that were deteriorating. We were left with a hole pictured below.
To reweave the section, we tried to find yarns that would match the lovely muted palette of yellow, black/grey, and, most significantly, the rose / mauve of the background of the kilim. Our restored section is photographed below. Of course, no colors can be matched perfectly, but we believe this is a pretty close match that does not call immediate attention to itself. Perhaps more importantly, the restoration was integrated into the kilim so it will withstand the test of time. ---www.traditionalrugrepair.com