Turkish Antique Kilim Repair



This gorgeous antique Turkish kilim had several worn areas mostly in its red field.  Restoring this kind of kilim damage is challenging as we must strive to match the red yarns to those of the original as much as possible so as not to call too much attention to the restored areas.  The kilim restoration process is greatly rewarding, however, and the final results can be very beautiful. I find the mechanics of this stage of our work highly calming and restorative -- not just to the kilim but to even myself.  To see the tangible results of one's labors is intensely gratifying, and can be very rare in our fast paced world.  I consider myself very fortunate that I can fill my days with these kind of antique kilim restoration projects.  ---

www.traditionalrugrepair.com
Kosker Traditional Rug Repair