Sunlit Rugs


I would rather live in a sunlit shoebox than in a dark castle.  My family and I live without curtains in most rooms just to squeeze out as much sunlight in our home as we can.  I'm fortunate enough to live in a southeast facing home - an optimal position in my opinion.  But as much as I relish the sunlight, I'm also acutely aware of the precautions that I have to take with my furnishings and especially my beloved rugs.  When rugs are left in the same position for too long, the sun can start to fade certain areas of our rugs.  Fading is somewhat inevitable, but what can be prevented is uneven fading.   For this reason, on this longest day of the year, take a moment to rotate your rugs so that any fading of your rugs is as even as possible.   And then, take time to enjoy the sunlight. --www.traditionalrugrepair.com